February 1st-5th, join Dubspot Instructor Dan Freeman (C0M1X) for a special Dubspot International workshop in San Jose, Costa Rica on music production and performance using Ableton Live 9 and PUSH.
Dubspot International EDU Sessions: Costa Rica
Music Production w/ Ableton Live 9
Dan Freeman (C0M1X)
Monday – Friday, February 1 – 5, 2016
3:00pm – 9:00pm (Daily)
Calle 33 Avenida 1A, Nº 3350, 1000 San José, Costa Rica
*Course will be taught in Spanish
Dubspot International, DJ LAB (Costa Rica), and BKDigiCon.com are partnering up for the first time in San Jose, Costa Rica to offer a special 30 hour, 5 day course on Production and Performance with Ableton Live 9 and PUSH. This course will be taught in Spanish by Ableton Certified Trainer and Director of Dubspot International, Dan Freeman (CØm1x).
Special discounts for Dubspot programs will be available for those who register.
Students will receive credit at Dubspot so that those who wish to continue with Dubspot’s 6 Level Ableton Producer Certificate in New York or Online can begin at Level 2.
Enrolled students will receive a 25% discount off any courses offered at Dubspot NYC and a 50% discount on any online course they wish to purchase.
Enrolled students will receive a Certificate of Completion with the Dubspot International and 101 Training Logo.
One attendee of the course will qualify to win a free Dubspot online Ableton Live Course.
Day 1 | Building Beats: Building Beats with Live’s Drum Rack and PUSH
- How to construct beats with Ableton Live’s Drum Rack
- Building kicks with synths
- Techniques for writing great beats
- Mixing and sound designing beats
- Beat making with the Ableton PUSH
Day 2 | Building Bass Lines: Programming Great Lines with Live’s Analog
- How to sound design a bass sound on an Analog synth using Ableton’s Analog and the Moog Minitaur
- How to write a good bass line
- Techniques for fattening up bass
- Recording and using electric bass
Day 3 | Pads, Stabs. Melody: The Secrets of Live’s Operator and Sampler Instruments
- How to create dynamic and interesting pads and stabs using Ableton’s Operator, Analog and Instrument and Audio Effect Racks
- Designing lead sounds using Ableton’s Sampler instrument and multi-sampling
- Utilizing external synths in your production
- Reverb and Delay techniques for space
Day 4 | Vocals: Recording and Mixing Vocals with Live 9
- Students will focus on techniques for recording and mixing vocals in Ableton Live 9
- Students will learn about compression and EQ techniques for vocals
- Students will learn how to build a vocoder
Day 5 | Mixing & Performance: How to Mix a Track in a Laptop Studio, Prepare a Mix, and Set It up to Perform
- Students will learn how to mix a track in a laptop studio
- Students will learn how to set up and prepare a mix
- Proper mix effect chains
- Saturation, EQ, Compression, and Delay
- Setting up mix reverbs and delays
- Mix bus effects.
- How to set up a live set in Ableton Live.
- Students will receive a basic mix template
- Performance techniques with the Ableton PUSH
For more information, visit the Facebook Event course page here.
Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program
About This Program
At Dubspot our world-class instructors provide the most complete and cutting-edge Ableton Live learning experience. The Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program is the flagship of our music training. After completing this program, you will leave with a portfolio of original tracks, a remix entered in an active contest, a scored commercial to widen your scope, and the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live.
This program is about learning Ableton Live by going through the entire process of being an artist, by developing your own sound through a series of sketches and experimentation. You will also learn the ins and outs of this powerful software through a series of exercises designed to help you master the steps involved in producing your own music. After a level of getting familiar with the tools that Ableton has to offer, you will then develop your sonic ideas into full-length tracks. You will be exposed to a variety of approaches to arrangement and composition, storytelling techniques, ways of creating tension and drama in your music. At the end of the day, it is the sum total of your choices as an artist that define your sound, and levels 2 – 6 will give you the experience of actually completing tracks to add to your portfolio.
- Ableton Live Level 1: Beats, Sketches, and Ideas
- Ableton Live Level 2: Analyze, Deconstruct, Recompose, and Assemble
- Ableton Live Level 3: Synthesis and Original Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 4: Advanced Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 5: Advanced Effect Processing
- Ableton Live Level 6: Going Global with your Music
- Dubspot’s complete Ableton course load: six levels/48 class sessions
- 132 hours of hands-on instruction
- Additional lab hours to work on assignments in Dubspot’s onsite facilities
- 24/7 access to Dubspot Online’s Ableton Live course videos
- Access to the course videos for one year after course completion
Visit the Ableton Live course page for detailed information on this program here.
If you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.