Apple has announced a new addition and a major update to its family of music-making apps for iOS that make it easy for people to tap into their musical potential and create incredible music no matter where they are. An all-new app called Music Memos lets musicians and songwriters quickly capture, organize and develop their musical ideas right on their iPhone.
Apple Music Memos
Apple’s new Music Memos app for iOS platforms allows songwriters to “capture and organize new musical ideas” on iPhones and iPads. The new applications builds on the popularity of Apple’s Garage Band software and the Voice Memos feature on iPhones. Music Memos allows you to record any audio samples and then analyze the rhythm and chords of the music. This is handy for both songwriters who want to hum or play a riff and have that analyzed. As a music producer or DJ, it’s also very useful for finding things you like about other people’s music as well.
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organize new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice, or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag, and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favorite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords, and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags
• Rate your song idea 1-5 stars to help you identify your favorites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyzes the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend to share your music, or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to the Mac so you can work in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
Master Apple’s Logic with our complete program of courses culminating in a four-track EP ready for release. In addition to achieving a complete overview of the composition process in Logic you’ll also earn the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Logic Pro. After completing this program, you will leave with a new EP, a remix entered in an active remix contest, and a scored commercial to widen your scope.
- Logic Pro Level 1: Shake Hands with Logic
- Logic Pro Level 2: Completing Your First Track
- Logic Pro Level 3: Mixing Essentials
- Logic Pro Level 4: Sound Design & Instrumentation
- Logic Pro Level 5: Advanced Composition & Production
- Logic Pro Level 6: Taking Your EP Global