In this latest episode of The Petti Test, Dubspot instructor and sound designer Chris Petti deconstructs the intro to Scuba’s “Out There”, a track which appeared on the Hotflush Recordings compilation Space And Time in 2007. In this tutorial series, Chris Petti will be deciphering and reverse-engineering sounds and recordings submitted by anyone from anywhere! If you want to put a sound to the Petti Test, email ThePettiTest@Dubspot.com.
After completing this program, you will leave with 4 completed tracks (EP), a remix entered in an active contest, a scored commercial to widen your scope, and the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live.
- Ableton Live Level 1: Shake Hands with Live
- Ableton Live Level 2: Completing Your First Track
- Ableton Live Level 3: Production Essentials
- Ableton Live Level 4: Sound Design & Instrumentation
- Ableton Live Level 5: Advanced Composition & Production
- Ableton Live Level 6: Taking Your EP Global
“So far the experience through Dubspot is incredible, and I can’t wait to go through the next levels. It’s just getting better each week, and I can not wait to start putting an EP together, not just being able to put a successful track together!” - Dan Carter, United Kingdom
Become fluent in the language of sound design with this comprehensive program. This six-level Sound Design program uses Native Instruments’ Komplete as a platform for learning synthesis and sampling techniques. Starting with an introduction to the properties of sound, this comprehensive series of courses covers most common synthesis methods available for music production in the DAW of your choice.
Discovering the right sound is like finding a needle in the digital haystack. Learn the fundamentals to make this easier, and gain the depth of knowledge to make a good sound better. Factory content is great, but everyone has it – your mix needs something special.
- Sound Design Level 1: Introduction to Komplete 8
- Sound Design Level 2: Synthesis with Massive, FM8 and Absynth
- Sound Design Level 3: Sampling with Kontakt and Battery
- Sound Design Level 4: Advanced Sound Design
- Sound Design Level 5: Reaktor Ensembles and Instruments
- Sound Design Level 6: Reaktor Programming
Start dates and information about payment plans can be found here.
Or if you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.