After a long wait the new Teenage Engineering OP-1 Operating System is here! This OS update brings a new voltage synth, arpeggiator sequencer, tape loop, sync for Pocket Operators, and much more.
The much anticipated OS update for Teenage Engineering’s OP-1 has arrived! This free upgrade brings many user requests as well as introduces a number of completely new features and improvements. This all-in-one portable synthesizer, sampler, and controller just got a whole lot better, check out some of the new key features:
- Arpeggio sequencer added.
- Voltage synth added.
- Tape Loops now automatically crossfaded.
- Tape Effect Chop twice as short + also works at tape start/stop position and across loop wrap.
- FM Radio press green encoder to autotune.
- Endless sequencer extended to 128 steps.
- Tremolo LFO updated with extra waveforms.
- PO Sync Mode added.
- Tempo nudge when running on external tempo.
- All new user contributed presets, based on the previous updates throughout the years. thanks for the massive support from the global OP-1 community!
The new voltage synthesizer engine is capable of producing some electrifying results with multiple interconnected oscillators. It can create a wide range of sounds, from basses to organs to pads and more.
OP-1 has also been updated with arpeggio, a new arpeggiator sequencer that you can use both with drums, synths, and samples. It works great for generating basslines and lead sounds!
Teenage Engineering has also expanded the sync capabilities of OP-1, adding flexibility for syncing Pocket Operators and connecting other gear.
Grab the OP-1 OS Update at the Teenage Engineering website here.
Finding the right sound can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Learn the fundamentals of synthesis and sampling and gain the depth of knowledge to shape sounds the way you want them or make your own sounds from scratch.
About This Program
Become ﬂuent in the language of sound design and synthesis with this comprehensive program. This six-level Sound Design program uses Native Instruments’ Komplete as a platform for learning synthesis and sampling techniques. Starting with an introduction to the properties of sound, this comprehensive series of courses covers the major techniques used for contemporary sound design.
You will learn to create your own sounds with a variety of techniques and add a personal sonic signature to your tracks. We introduce you to the latest synthesis and sampling technologies and show you how to use the world’s largest and most diverse sound library. In the advanced levels, you will acquire total control over all aspects of the Komplete instruments while practicing genre-based sound design.
- Sound Design Level 1: Introduction to Komplete
- Sound Design Level 2: Synthesis with Massive, FM8 and Absynth
- Sound Design Level 3: Sampling with Kontakt and Battery
- Sound Design Level 4: Advanced Sound Design
- Sound Design Level 5: Reaktor Ensembles and Production Techniques
- Sound Design Level 6: Reaktor Programming and Instrument Building
Visit the Music Foundations course page for detailed information on this program here.
If you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.