Just after the release of Traktor Scratch Duo 2 last week, Pioneer introduces the DJM-T1 to the world – a plug and play mixing experience designed to work seamlessly with Traktor 2. It’s also the first mixer specifically designed to control all of the wonderful new features in the software while also working as an audio interface and a 2-channel (audio) dj mixer. The Pioneer DJM-T1 is the complete solution: a hybrid mixer, a controller and audio interface in one unit. Included in the box is a copy of TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2 software, along with the control CD and vinyl needed for DVS scratch control.
- Traktor Scratch Duo 2 (Included) Certified.
- 2 Channel Premium Scratch Mixer.
- Multi Input Selector-Effortless Switching between CD/USB/Phono sources.
- P-Lock Hi Durability Faders.
- 3 Band Isolator equalizer with full level control from +6db to complete kill.
- Rubber knobs on Isolator/Effect/Loop for increased control.
- 24bit AD/DA Converter for unrivalled sound quality.
- Front access to Microphone and AUX inputs.
- MIDI Signal output for operation of external devices.
- Frequency Characteristics – 20HZ to 20 Khz.
- Total Harmonic Distortion – Less than 0.004%.
- S/N Ratio – More than 106db.
- Headroom – 19db.
- Power consumption – 23W.
- Unit weight – 6.1 kg.
TRAKTOR Series Control
The DJM-T1 is equipped with a controller function for the TRAKTOR series, allowing users to directly access TRAKTOR’s software features without the need for an additional external controller or soundcard. To find tracks and mix smoothly without ever having to leave the mixer’s control panel, controls for Browse (song selection) and Transport (play, fast forward, rewind, etc.) are conveniently located on the upper section of the mixer. Performance controls such as Effect, Loop, Hot, Cue, Sampler are conveniently located on the left and right side of the mixer, providing the same look of TRAKTOR’s popular graphical user interface (GUI) for quick and accurate software operation. Each button on the mixer is designed to illuminate in sync with TRAKTOR, allowing the user to view the status of the software directly on the mixer and reducing the need to look up at the PC/Mac.
TRAKTOR SCRATCH CERTIFIED
The DJM-T1 is a TRAKTOR SCRATCH CERTIFIED mixer allowing connectivity and operation with the TRAKTOR SCRATCH 2 software for ease of use. For DJs who prefer to use their own DJ turntables, the mixer comes with a CONTROL CD or CONTROL VINYL1 option, enabling it to be used as a TRAKTOR SCRATCH controller for scratching functions on their own equipment. In addition, the included TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2 software let DJs start using the product right out of the box.
Internal USB Soundcard
The DJM-T1 is equipped with an internal USB soundcard4 that enables the user to con- nect directly to a PC/Mac with a single USB cable. DJs can use the configuration utility tool installed on a PC/Mac to change the output signal from six points of the mixer based on the user’s individual preference including DJing, recording, or production5. The included TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2 software enables them to easily record their performances from various output points with the ability to apply additional effects (i.e. Effect, Loop, etc.) to the original arrangements.
New Fader Design
Pioneer integrated new channel faders and crossfaders that feature a slide construction sup- ported by two metal shafts for the fader knobs. The new faders provide a smooth, consistent operation, with nearly three times the durability of previous generations of Pioneer mixers. The design also better protects the faders from the harmful effects of accidental liquid spills and/or dust that might otherwise collect inside these controls. The DJM-T1’s crossfader utilizes a magnetic construction, exclusive to Pioneer, that offers extremely high durability, enabling it to withstand more than 10 million operations. The operational load, fader curve2, and cut lag3 can also be adjusted to the user’s personal preference.
• Microphone and auxiliary inputs located on the front of the mixer
• Improved grip with rubber knobs for ISOLATOR/EFFECT/LOOP volume controls
• Multi-input selector for switching between CD/PHONO/USB inputs
• Three-band isolator type equalizer for a wide range of level control from +6 dB to -∞ (cut) for HI/MID/LOW ranges individually
• MIDI6 signal output enable fader/isolator operation data for transmitting to external devices
• LFO CONTROL outputs MIDI signal that changes at beat-by-beat intervals for precision control
• “P-LOCK Fader Cap” locking mechanism on channel fader and crossfader knobs designed to prevent fader caps from slipping.
• Auto Standby automatically recognizes the current state of operation and input signal, switching the power to standby mode when no activity or input is detected for a period of time
• Booth output volume control