Join Mr. Bill and Black Market Armoire at Dubspot NY for a special workshop where they will unveil their tricks and secrets to running a full live-electronic show.
Unveiling The Tricks & Secrets To Running A Full Live Electronic Show
Black Market Armoire
138 5th Ave.
New York, NY 10011
Mr. Bill and Black Market Armoire are hitting the road for a full-on tour of North America and will be hosting a series of music performance workshops in select cities along the way. Dubspot is proud to host these two innovators for a special weeknight master class. They will be breaking down some of the secrets of putting together a great live electronic performance and will show you how to bring your live sets to the next level. Go behind the scenes as they open up their own Ableton sessions from the tour and show you how the magic is done.
Some topics of discussion will include:
- What are your options for playing live? what’s possible? what’s common? what’s been done?
- Taking tracks that weren’t meant to play live and setting them up in a way that can be performed and improvised on stage.
- Playing with instrumentalists, and how to incorporate live instruments seamlessly into your performance.
- Stemming your tunes for live performance to sound “mastered.”
- Exploring methods for building a live set that works for YOU.
- Safety precautions for playing live (to save embarrassment like music stopping mid-set etc.)
- Syncing audio with visual to integrate lights and images with your performances.
- A few thoughts on touring – when to start with agents, mgmt, how tours are built, and how all that crap works.
This event is FREE and open to the public. Space is limited, please arrive early to sign in.
At Dubspot our world-class instructors provide the most complete and cutting-edge Ableton Live learning experience. The Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program is the flagship of our music training. After completing this program, you will leave with a portfolio of original tracks, a remix entered in an active contest, a scored commercial to widen your scope, and the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live.
About This Program
This program is about learning Ableton Live by going through the entire process of being an artist, by developing your own sound through a series of sketches and experimentation. You will also learn the ins and outs of this powerful software through a series of exercises designed to help you master the steps involved in producing your own music. After a level of getting familiar with the tools that Ableton has to offer, you will then develop your sonic ideas into full-length tracks. You will be exposed to a variety of approaches to arrangement and composition, storytelling techniques, ways of creating tension and drama in your music. At the end of the day, it is the sum total of your choices as an artist that define your sound, and levels 2 – 6 will give you the experience of actually completing tracks to add to your portfolio.
- Ableton Live Level 1: Beats, Sketches, and Ideas
- Ableton Live Level 2: Analyze, Deconstruct, Recompose, and Assemble
- Ableton Live Level 3: Synthesis and Original Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 4: Advanced Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 5: Advanced Effect Processing
- Ableton Live Level 6: Going Global with your Music
- Dubspot’s complete Ableton course load: six levels/48 class sessions
- 132 hours of hands-on instruction
- Additional lab hours to work on assignments in Dubspot’s onsite facilities
- 24/7 access to Dubspot Online’s Ableton Live course videos
- Access to the course videos for one year after course completion
Visit the Ableton Live course page for detailed information on this program here.
If you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.