Dubspot is proud to present a new and improved Ableton Live program updated for Live 9, covering all of its latest features in a six-level, 48-class course on electronic music production.
Introducing Our New Ableton Live Program w/ Live 9
Music technology moves pretty fast, and here at Dubspot we’re committed to bringing you the best possible electronic music education and incorporating the latest cutting-edge technologies. As part of this commitment, it is with great pleasure that we are now announcing our all-new Ableton Live program at Dubspot, completely updated for Live 9!
Ableton has been hard at work over the past four years building upon and expanding all the great things that you have come to know and love about Live, and Dubspot has built a new program to help you learn it. We have taken the great feedback from our community to improve our Ableton program and make it even better.
Live 9 brings many great new things to the table such as Session Automation, Max for Live (standard in Suite), a new and improved Browser, Audio to MIDI conversion, updates to many of Live’s built-in Devices and the addition of some new ones, new editing functions for MIDI and audio, 64-bit support, SoundCloud support and more. All of these new features and functions are covered in our new program along with many new tools and technologies to help you thru your musical journey in our six-level 48-class course.
New Courses at Dubspot NYC and Dubspot Online
Our new Live 9 curriculum is now in effect at our physical school in New York City and also at Dubspot Online. Some of the major highlights of this new program include:
• All students will now be provided with a custom audio library courtesy of our new partner Loopmasters. Students will also be provided with a discount for purchases from the Loopmasters catalog and their sister site Plug-in Boutique. The pack is loaded with loops in a variety of current electronic music styles, one-shot drum samples, and construction kits. The purpose is to provide you with all the materials that you may need during your studies.
• Project files provided for every class that you take in the program. We all lead busy lives and sometimes details escape us. Now, you will be able to see and explore what the ultimate goal of each class should be.
We hope that you are all as excited about this as we are, and that the next steps on your electronic musical journey will include some time with Dubspot.
The flagship of our music training, with every Ableton Live course offered at the school. After completing this program, you will leave with a portfolio of original tracks, a remix entered in an active contest, a scored commercial to widen your scope, and the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live.
- Ableton Live Level 1: Beats, Sketches, and Ideas
- Ableton Live Level 2: Analyze, Deconstruct, Recompose, and Assemble
- Ableton Live Level 3: Synthesis and Original Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 4: Advanced Sound Creation
- Ableton Live Level 5: Advanced Effect Processing
- Ableton Live Level 6: Going Global with your Music
This program is about learning Ableton Live by going through the entire process of being an artist, by developing your own sound through a series of sketches and experimentation. You will also learn the ins and outs of this powerful software through a series of exercises designed to help you master the steps involved in producing your own music. After a level of getting familiar with the tools that Ableton has to offer, you will then develop your sonic ideas into full-length tracks. You will be exposed to a variety of approaches to arrangement and composition, storytelling techniques, ways of creating tension and drama in your music. At the end of the day, it is the sum total of your choices as an artist that define your sound, and levels 2 – 6 will give you the experience of actually completing tracks to add to your portfolio.
Start dates and information about payment plans can be found here.
Or if you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.