Dubspot heads to Park City, Utah this week to take part in the Sundance Film Festival. On Saturday, January 18, 2014, we will be working with The Collective to bring introductory DJ workshops and panel discussions on sound to Sundance.
Each year in January, approximately 40,000 people converge in Park City, Utah, for the annual Sundance Film Festival. Founded in 1978, this festival was established to showcase the films of independent American and international filmmakers. Over time, the festival has grown tremendously; incorporating panels about film creation, film distribution, sound design for film, music for film and many other topics.
On Saturday, January 18, 2014, Dubspot will be working with The Collective to bring introductory DJ workshops to the festival. In these workshops, led by Dubspot instructor Codes, participants will learn DJ fundamentals like cueing, blending, and mixing with Native Instruments‘ Traktor and their latest S4 controller hardware.
On Sunday, January 19, 2014, we will we will be participating in a panel discussion about different approaches to music for film entitled “Sound + Vision: Music in Film” presented by Twitter, Southwest Airlines and The Collective.
Panel participants include:
• Moderated by William H. Macy, Director, Official 2014 Sundance Selection Rudderless
• Mike Patton, Music Artist and FilmComposer, Place Beyond the Pines,FaithNoMore
• Alex Ebert, Music Artist and Film Composer, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
• Craig Wedren, Film Composer, Role Models, The School of Rock, Wet Hot American Summer
• BT, Electronic Music Artist and Film Composer, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Fast and the Furious,
Zoolander, Gone in 60 Seconds
• Nate Mars, Marketing & Content Manager, Dubspot
• Mica Levi, Film Composer, Under the Skin
• Amos Newman, Head of Music for Visual Media, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
• Carmen Rizzo, Electronic Music Composer; AR Manager, Native Instruments
The DJ workshop and panel will be held at The Collective on Main Street, 738 Main Street, Park City, UT.
Although these panels and workshops are not open to the public, we will have our video team on location. Check back soon on our blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for exciting updates on Sundance 2014.