This episode of Dubspot Radio Podcast welcomes Brooklyn Bass Queen, Star Eyes with a live bass-infused mix and exclusive interview.
This episode of Dubspot Radio Podcast welcomes Star Eyes, “Brooklyn’s Queen of Heavy Bass” and founding member of the world-renowned Trouble & Bass crew. Bringing that raw underground bass music, Star Eyes treats us with a live DJ mix loaded with original cuts and a selection of low-frequency favorites. She even breaks out her vocal talents while singing her track “Cry Baby.” Following the mix, Star Eyes sits down with Dutty Artz head Matt Shadetek for an exclusive interview where they talk about her musical background, future projects, Trouble & Bass, and her experience taking the Logic course here at Dubspot.
1. Kastle – Better off Alone (Udachi Remix)
2. Doc Daneeka – Funky Bit
3. Mayster – And The Jam Is…”
4. D51: OD – (Dubbel Dutch Remix)
5. Riva Starr feat. Trim – Dance Me (Jesse Rose’s Made in St. Lucia Remix)
6. Zinc – Nexx
7. Norrit – You Were Just Calling (VIP Mix)
8. Cosmic Revenge – Caged Beast
9. Bok Bok – Citizen’s Dub
10. Drop the Lime – Sex Sax (Sinden Remix)
11. Mikix The Cat- At Night (Star Eyes, Jubilee Papi Smurf Remix)
12. Hanuman – Bola (Star Eyes Remix)
13. Star Eyes, Pharaoh – Cry Baby
14. Lil’ Silva – Night Skanker
15. Herve – Hot Drum Attack
16. Samo Sound Boy – Shook
17. Flinch – Midnight Hustle (AC & Dell, T&B VIP Dub)
18. D Double E – Streetfighter
19. DJ Oddz – Blade Runner (Instrumental)
20. Jammer feat. Boy Betta Know – 10 Man Roll
21. Dexplicit – Red Zone
22. Royal T – Gargoyle (Silencer Remix)
23. Plastician – Senate
About Star Eyes
The name Star Eyes is synonymous with raw underground bass music. A founding member of the world-renowned Trouble & Bass crew, this NYC bat girl causes mayhem around the world with DJ sets and original tracks that swiftly connect the dots between regional American bass sounds and the hardcore continuum—though her style moves across eras and genres, her aesthetic is continually inspired by jungle, oldskool hardcore, and the warehouse parties in which she was raised. Star Eyes is based in Brooklyn, New York, where she runs Chaos Clan, a record label, and monthly party. She is also an alumni of Red Bull Music Academy, a radio host on RBMA Radio, and a noted music journalist and curator whose work has appeared in XLR8R, VICE, Spin, and beyond. She has played at EDC, Sonar, Fabric, Rinse FM, and at music festivals from Camp Bisco to Burning Man. With world-class skills and a troublemaker’s attitude to match, Star Eyes has definitely earned the title “Brooklyn’s queen of heavy bass.”
About This Program
Immerse yourself in the complete art of DJing: from the fundamentals of beatmatching and mixing to using effects and programming extended club sets. Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn fundamentals or a seasoned pro looking to take your talent to the next level, our curriculum is designed to accommodate all skill levels and styles of music. This comprehensive DJ program covers everything from basic mixing to advanced digital DJing with both Serato Scratch Live and Traktor Scratch Pro.
- DJ Level 1: Rookie Sessions | Essentials I
- DJ Level 2: Phrase Mixing | Essentials II
- DJ Level 3: Beyond The Blend | Intermediate Skills
- DJ Level 4: Preparation | DJ Psychology
- DJ Level 5: Classroom to the Club | Advanced Techniques I
- DJ Level 6: Club to the World | Advanced Techniques II
Visit the DJ course page for detailed information on this program here.
If you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.