Back in August, producer, DJ, multi-instrumentalist, and Destroy All Concepts label-boss Dub Gabriel returned with a fresh EP titled Restless Youth, which you can stream/preview/purchase over at Official.fm now! The EP contains several bangers including the dancehall scorcher “No Lies” featuring ragga vocalist MC Zulu. Now Dub Gabriel and Destroy All Concepts teamed up with Akai Pro, Ableton, Dubspot, Official.fm to offer you a chance to remix “No Lies” for chances to win some amazing prizes, including one Akai APC40 and Akai APC20 Controller, and more!
Check full details below:
About the track: Dub Gabriel continues to push the musical envelope with his Restless Youth EP, delivering a deep and heavy dancehall-meets-dubstep scorcher. For the lead track, “No Lies”, Dub Gabriel has paired up with none other than MC Zulu (Poirier/Soulico), one of the most sought-after ragga vocalists in electronic music today.
Your Mission: Take the mix parts from the track “No Lies” and make it your own!
- 1st Place: One Akai APC40 controller brought to you by Akai Pro. One copy of Ableton Live 8. Online tuition package for Dubspot’s groundbreaking Ableton Live production course. Your remix will be released digitally by Destroy all Concepts on a Dub Gabriel remix EP in 2011.
- 2nd Place: One Akai APC20 controller brought to you by Akai Pro. Your remix will released digitally by Destroy all Concepts on a Dub Gabriel remix EP in 2011.
- 3rd Place: One Akai APC20 controller brought to you by Akai Pro. Your remix will be released digitally by Destroy all Concepts on a Dub Gabriel remix EP in 2011.
The Rules – Please Read All the Way Through:
- DOWNLOAD THE REMIX PARTS HERE.
- Remix the track into your chosen style. Use as much or as little of the original parts as you want. All genres are welcome!
- SUBMIT YOUR REMIX HERE no later than November 15th, 2010.
- All remixes must be submitted as high quality 320kbs MP3s.
- Destroy All Concepts will announce the winner on December 8, 2010
- Remixes using ‘uncleared’ samples will be disqualified. An ‘uncleared sample’ is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (i.e. you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you.
- As protection against the unauthorized release, your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of Destroy All Concepts. You grant D.A.C. and it’s partners the full rights to release the remix and use your name to promote it.
- All trademarks and logos are protected and remain the property of their respective owners. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved.
- Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT REMIX: All entries must be received by November 15th, 2010 at the DropBox above.
PROMOTE! Don’t forget to tell your fans, friends and family about your remix!!! On November 16th 2010 we will be adding your remixes to the Official.fm player on this page so that the public can listen to them and vote for their favorites by clicking on the “Heart” icon. The player is very cool and can easily be shared via Twitter, email, Facebook and can also be embedded on your blog or website. Public voting will run for 2 weeks and the top six remixes will be submitted to the guest judges for their final decision. The winners will be announced on December 8, 2010.
One of the hottest artists in the bass heavy music today. His genre bending style has pushed him to the forefront of the international electronic music scene and has attracted collaborations with the likes of MC Zulu, U-Roy, Michael Stipe (REM), The Master Musicians of Jajouka, David J (Bauhaus/Love and Rockets), Scientist, Yo Majesty!, Balkan Beat Box and many more.
Legendary dub producer and one of the founding fathers of the modern remix.
Legendary underground Hip Hop artist, producer and owner of Definitive Jux Records.
Legendary Electronic producer known for his work with Meat Beat Manifesto, Tino Corp, Grace Jones and, currently a member of Hercules and Love Affair.
Dan Giove aka DJ G OV
Founder of Dubspot. the trailblazing New York digital music production academy.
Akai Professional - Akai Pro entered the electronic music industry in 1984 with one purpose – to give artists the tools they need to express and explore new musical possibilities. Since then, Akai Pro products have become a fixture of modern music both in studio and on stage. The refinement of our digital sampling technology has become the building block of today’s most popular music.
Official.fm – The Do It Yourself Music Club for artists, labels, agencies and blogs. Our web-based platform includes public/private hosting for your tracks & playlists, embeddable tools like branded players and dropboxes for your web properties, in-depth statistics, and more. We are currently 100K members strong with accounts from major and independent music companies in over 200 countries. To learn more about our services and to join the club, visit http://official.fm.
Dubspot - Dubspot is a groundbreaking electronic music production & DJ institute in New York City. As one of the first Ableton Certified Training Centers in the world, Dubspot has become the premier music school for both experienced & aspiring artists alike.
Ableton - Ableton make software for creating, producing, and performing music. Their flagship product, Live, has introduced a new approach to making music with computers on stage and in the studio that some call revolutionary.
Destroy All Concepts - Curated by the groundbreaking artist and producer, Dub Gabriel, D.A.C. was formed with the intention of fostering unique and genre-defying musical collaborations. With releases mixing electronic, dub, world, post-punk and free jazz, Destroy All Concepts is blazing new paths in cultural exploration!