At Dubspot, there are many paths to reach your creative goals as an artist. We offer several individual courses that focus on specific areas of study, however our most comprehensive programs are the DJ/Producer Master Certificate Program and the EMP Master Certificate Program. Both of these encompass an extensive curriculum, featuring many Dubspot courses. The DJ/Producer Master Certificate Program comprises two main focuses of study – the fundamentals of DJing as well as music production with Ableton Live, Reason, or Logic Pro. The EMP Master Certificate Program covers everything from the fundamentals of electronic music production and performance with Essential Music Foundations to advanced courses in Sound Design & Synthesis and Mixing & Mastering where you will learn to fine tune your music & sounds.
Overall, we are proud of the custom-tailored programs we have created for today’s musical landscape with a balanced education that teaches you how to create and/or perform your music.
5 Programs Included (9 months – 3 years)
- Essential Music Foundations Program (3-6 months)
- Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program (3-12 months)
- DJ Extensive Program (3-6 months)
- Sound Design & Synthesis Certificate Program (6 months)
- Mixing & Mastering Program (3 months)
Unravel electronic music’s origins, build your chops, learn the language and theory, and make and play music the way you want. Students will develop a deeper understanding of the roots and lineage of a variety of electronic and dance music, strengthen their keyboard skills, and learn valuable music theory skills, deepening their creative practice and facilitating effective collaborations with musical partners.
- Essential Music Foundations Level 1: Electronic Music Appreciation
- Essential Music Foundations Level 2: Keys & Melodic Theory
- Essential Music Foundations Level 3: Pads & Rhythmic Theory
“This course exceeded my expectations. I went through everything I needed to have a solid knowledge of basic music theory.”
- Jonathan Crespo, Miami
“EMF has been an amazing experience! I didn’t realize I was going to learn so much about electronic music history, something my generation missed.”
- Yianno Koumi, United Kingdom
After completing this program, you will leave with 4 completed tracks (EP), a remix entered in an active contest, a scored commercial to widen your scope, and the Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live.
- Ableton Live Level 1: Shake Hands with Live
- Ableton Live Level 2: Completing Your First Track
- Ableton Live Level 3: Production Essentials
- Ableton Live Level 4: Sound Design & Instrumentation
- Ableton Live Level 5: Advanced Composition & Production
- Ableton Live Level 6: Taking Your EP Global
“So far the experience through Dubspot is incredible, and I can’t wait to go through the next levels. It’s just getting better each week, and I can not wait to start putting an EP together, not just being able to put a successful track together!” - Dan Carter, United Kingdom
Immerse yourself in the complete art of DJing from beatmatching to stage presence. Whether you’re a beginner in search of the fundamentals or a seasoned pro looking to take your talent to the next level, our curriculum is designed to accommodate all skill levels and styles of music. This comprehensive DJ program covers everything from basic mixing to advanced digital DJing. Learn more about our DJ courses and programs.
- DJ Level 1: Rookie Sessions | Essentials I
- DJ Level 2: Phrase Mixing | Essentials II
- DJ Level 3: Beyond The Blend | Intermediate Skills
- DJ Level 4: Preparation | DJ Psychology
- DJ Level 5: Classroom to the Club | Advanced Techniques I
- DJ Level 6: Club to the World | Advanced Techniques II
“I love the class, and the content! Shiftee and Endo are very funny, and very clear, so the material is easy and fun to follow! I wish my college teachers were more like these two!” – Leandro Martinez, Chicago IL
Become fluent in the language of sound design with this comprehensive program. This six-level Sound Design & Synthesis program uses Native Instruments’ Komplete 7 as a platform for learning synthesis and sampling techniques. Starting with an introduction to the properties of sound, this comprehensive series of courses covers most common synthesis methods available for music production in the DAW of your choice.
Discovering the right sound is like finding a needle in the digital haystack. Learn the fundamentals to make this easier, and gain the depth of knowledge to make a good sound better. Factory content is great, but everyone has it – your mix needs something special.
- Sound Design Level 1: Introduction to Komplete 7*
- Sound Design Level 2: Synthesis with Massive, FM8 and Absynth
- Sound Design Level 3: Sampling with Kontakt and Battery
- Sound Design Level 4: Advanced Sound Design
- Sound Design Level 5: Reaktor Ensembles and Instruments
- Sound Design Level 6: Reaktor Programming
“Fantastic. A++++. Really professionally designed course. The instructor was excellent and gave very insightful, top quality feedback. I really enjoyed putting it all into practice and getting creative.”
- Nic Milton, London, UK
“Brilliant course! Best tutorial videos I’ve seen in any online course I’ve ever done. I would recommend this course to any one who wants to learn more about sound design. It doesnt get much better than this!”
- Rachel Hynec, Sydney, Australia
Transform rough ideas and basic compositions into dance floor bangers and sonically pleasing commercial quality masters. Learn the well-kept industry secrets of EQ, compression, panning, level balancing, reverb and special effects from platinum mix/mastering engineer, Daniel Wyatt, senior Dubspot Instructor.
“The videos were helpful and the chats were great. I expected a lot out of this course and I got it!”
- Jon Yu, California
Start dates and information about payment plans can be found here.
Or if you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.
Mixing & Mastering Video Tutorial: Using Multiband Compression w/ iZotope Ozone 4