In this second part of our RekordBox tutorial, Dubspot instructor and DJ/producer Abe Duque takes a deeper look at Pioneer‘s powerful music management software with tips on using the iOS application and some hidden features. If you missed the previous video, check it out here.
The Pioneer CDJ1000 and CDJ2000 digital media players have become some of the most highly supported DJ tools of modern times. They art used in clubs as often (if not more so) than Technics 1200 turntables. With the addition of USB and SD connections on newer CDJ units, you can now bring your set to the club on a pair of USB keys instead of a box of records. But this transition to digital files has left many DJs with a lack of organization and preparation for their sets.
To remedy this situation Pioneer introduced RekordBox – a DJ music organization system that allows you to classify and search for music files as well as setting tempos, beat grids, and cue points prior to your performance. RekordBox is available for Apple, Windows, Android, and iOS platforms.
Immerse yourself in the complete art of DJing: from the fundamentals of beatmatching and mixing to using effects and programming extended club sets. Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn fundamentals or a seasoned pro looking to take your talent to the next level, our curriculum is designed to accommodate all skill levels and styles of music. This comprehensive DJ program covers everything from basic mixing to advanced digital DJing with both Serato and Traktor.
- DJ Level 1: Rookie Sessions | Essentials I
- DJ Level 2: Phrase Mixing | Essentials II
- DJ Level 3: Beyond The Blend | Intermediate Skills
- DJ Level 4: Preparation | DJ Psychology
- DJ Level 5: Classroom to the Club | Advanced Techniques I
- DJ Level 6: Club to the World | Advanced Techniques II
The definition of DJing has changed dramatically in the last decade. Laptops, controllers, and software have emerged alongside more traditional turntables and CDJs, smashing the barrier to entry. In today’s digital age, anyone can become a DJ. To reflect this renaissance, Dubspot has created the Digital DJing with Traktor program. In both our physical and online schools, students will learn how to DJ entirely with Traktor’s cutting-edge technology. An emphasis will be placed on the concepts of DJing rather than simply learning how to use the software.
- Digital DJing w/ Traktor Pro 2 Level 1: Introduction to DJing
- Digital DJing w/ Traktor Pro 2 Level 2: Phrase Mixing
- Digital DJing w/ Traktor Pro 2 Level 3: Beyond The Beatmatch
Turntablism is the art of manipulating turntables like an instrument. Starting with the fundamentals of scratching and beat juggling, the program focuses on developing proper technique, optimal practice habits, creative exploration, group DJ performance and performing full-blown turntablist sets.
- Turntablism Level 1: Spice Foundations
- Turntablism Level 2: Boot Camp & Tasty Combos
- Turntablism Level 3: Mild | Improvisation & Teamwork
- Turntablism Level 4: Medium | The Next Level
- Turntablism Level 5: Hot | Building Routines
- Turntablism Level 6: Mucho Caliente | The Modern Turntablist
“I love the class, and the content! Shiftee and Endo are very funny, and very clear, so the material is easy and fun to follow! I wish my college teachers were more like these two!” – Leandro Martinez, Chicago IL
More start dates and information about payment plans can be found here.
If you have questions, please call 877.DUBSPOT or send us a message.